Policies and Rules
Homestead Caravan Park is bound to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988, which sets the standards and principles for the collection and management of personal information. This park has a commitment to privacy and the protection of guests, visitors, contractors and staff personal information.
Collection & Sharing of your personal information
There is a requirement to collect your personal information in order to process your registration at our park. (Details that might be collected are: – Name, address, car and caravan registration
and contact details, etc.). This personal information will be confidential and only be accessible by authorized staff members. Your personal information may be used by the park for marketing purposes, in the absence of an objection, consent is assumed.
Access your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information that the park may hold about you, if you would like to do so, please put your request in writing for security reasons and email this through to the park office.
Check in after
Check out before
A late checkout fee applies if not vacated before 10am. Late checkout can be arranged due to availability & incurs additional costs.
Monday to Friday
Saturday & Sunday
9am to 12pm
2pm to 6pm
10am to 3pm
Sunday – Closed
Please make prior arrangements with Park Management.
Booking and Payments Policy
Bookings made online will require full payment.
Email or telephone bookings will require a deposit equivalent to the first night of your stay, with the balance to be paid at time of check-in.
Payments can be made by Cash, Eftpos, and Electronic Funds Transfer with no fees.
Visa and MasterCard are accepted (a Transaction fee applies).
Refunds of deposits and fees paid are available from Homestead Caravan Park under the following terms and conditions:
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing by either:
a) Mail – Homestead Caravan Park, 17 Arthur Street East, Nanango, QLD 4615
b) Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where at least 7 days’ notice of the cancellation has been provided in writing to the Homestead Caravan Park, deposits or pre-payments will be refunded, less a $20.00 administration fee.
- No refund for cancellations within less than 7 days notice of arrival.
- A refund or transfer of dates is not given for unexpected departures.
- If you do not notify the park office of your cancellation or if you fail to arrive, your reservation may be cancelled by the park manager without refund of any paid monies.
- Where a deposit or pre-payment is to be refunded an administration fee of $20.00 is to be charged. Alternatively, the customer may allocate the total fund amount towards a future booking (to be used within 12 months) and no administration fee will apply.
- Managers have the discretion to not enforce an administration fee if relevant information and evidence is provided to confirm the cancellation was made due to an emergency situation (this is on a case by case basis).
- Refunds may take up to 2 weeks to process.
Site Availability & Preferences
Although all efforts will be taken to suit our customer’s requirements, Cabin & Site preferences will NOT be guaranteed.
All personal belongings are the responsibility of the tenant. Please ensure your accommodation area is secure
Sites, Cleaning & Damage Costs
Garbage bins are provided and are emptied three times a week.
The camp kitchen is to be left clean and tidy for the next person. Please do not remove items from the kitchen.
Do not remove or tamper with Smoke Alarm Batteries.
Cabins are to be left clean and tidy. All sites are to be kept free of litter. Willful and accidental damage to park property will result in the
occupier paying a cleaning or repair fee.
No mechanical repairs are to be carried out in the Park grounds.
Only one registered vehicle per site unless prior arrangements have been made with the Park Manager. No cars to be parked on concrete slabs; these are for your annexes.
Speed limit is 5km/h walking pace. No Person is to drive in the Caravan Park under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
All pets are to be approved by management at time of booking. The management reserves the right to refuse entry to any pets.
- Up to one small pet per site
- Pets may be allowed in allocated cabins in their own crate or bed at managements approval
- Pets must be kept on a lead at all times whilst within the park
- Pets that consistently make excessive noise, including barking or show aggressive behaviour are not allowed in the park.
- Pets are prohibited from the reception, public amenities and pool enclosure.
- All animal mess must be immediately removed and disposed of
- No pet is to be left unattended.
- As the pet owner you accept full responsibility for any personal injury or damage caused by your pet whilst in our park.
- In addition to our Park rules, owners are also responsible for compliance with local council laws & regulations.
In case of fire or other emergency please make your way to the evacuation assembly point as displayed in the Park Office and Cabins.
Children must be supervised at all times while staying at the park and must not play around laundry, clothes line area, camp kitchen or near occupied cabins or sites.
No smoking in the Park Vans and Cabins. If not adhered to, the occupier will be liable for an extra cleaning fee to remove all smoking associated smell from the van or cabin.
No smoking in communal food preparation areas, laundry and public amenities.
The pool area is open for the use of residents between 8am and 7pm daily except when cleaning. For safety reasons, an adult must accompany children under the age of 16 at all times. Food, drinks and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in or around the pool area. (All pool safety rules are clearly displayed on Pool Notices).
Residents are responsible for their visitors and a $2.00 fee applies for visitor use of pool with prior approval from Park Managers’.
Non-resident vehicles are not permitted in the Park. Visitor parking is provided at the entrance to the Park. Cars are only permitted to drive on park
roads (not through van sites).
Please think of your neighbors’ and restrict noise levels from radios, televisions and social gatherings before 7.30are and after 10pm (a noise curfew applies and will be strictly enforced after 10pm).
Drunkenness, illegal drug usage, offensive language, loud music or rowdy parties will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances and you will be evicted from the Caravan Park.
Unruly behaviour or violence towards anyone in the park will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to terminate occupancy of the offending party or parties and you will be evicted.